What fish go with a lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDude14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to be getting a lionfish tomorrow and I was wondering what other fish will go with it. And what info do I need to know about a lionfish like I know a lot but specs

Probably Volitan then:

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Volitan Lionfish, Colored

Lionfish aren't aggressive per say they will just eat anything they can fit in their mouth. Given Volitans get to be about a foot very quickly you need to stock with other fish that will be about 11-13". That are peaceful or semi aggressive otherwise they may pick on the lion.

What size tank is this going in?

Yeah ok I was thinking defense fish also like porcipine puffer, trigger maybe etc and a 125 gallon

The puffers and triggers aren't recommended for lion fish. They will nip the fins of the lion fish. Foxface, wrasse ,dwarf angels lion fish are peaceful fish

The puffers and triggers aren't recommended for lion fish. They will nip the fins of the lion fish. Foxface, wrasse ,dwarf angels lion fish are peaceful fish

Foxface maybe but a full grown volitan would make a lunch of most dwarf angels and wrasse.

I'd look at Tangs, medium size angels ect...

Yeah I might get this one fox face that is like 7-8 inches

Back
Top Bottom