What fish next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I am having a hard time deciding what to put in my tank next. Everytime I go to the lfs for a fish I don't like what they have and end up buying corals instead lol. So far I have a white banded maroon clown and a lawnmower blenny (which I hardly ever see and kind of regret buying) I want something that is active, bright and won't get to big. I was thinking a bangki cardinal. Or however u spell it haha.

The tank is a 46g bow with 20g sump and soon to be 10 fuge.

Thanks for any input.

Ok not that small lol. I was thinking a 6 line wrasse? I Donno though.

True. Maybe the pistol shrimp/goby would be cool. I hear they are awesome to watch.

I love my bagaii cardinals, but they really aren't "active". They are out and visible all the time, but just kinda tread water in one place for long periods of time. They can be very quick when they wanna be, but they don't want to very often. Lol. :) what's your current stock consist of (besides a boat load of corals, apparently lol)?

I really like the strawberry dotty back. The magenta is the hardier I think.

Just a white banded maroon clown, lawnmower blenny, emerald crab, peppermint shrimp, hermits/snails.

I think I might take the blenny back... I have seen him like one time and the reason I got him is cause they said he will eat hair algea and he doesn't...

h8z2luze said:
Just a white banded maroon clown, lawnmower blenny, emerald crab, peppermint shrimp, hermits/snails.

I think I might take the blenny back... I have seen him like one time and the reason I got him is cause they said he will eat hair algea and he doesn't...

A yellowfin flasher wrasse is pretty, Midas blenny has pretty color to it, a few blue reef chromis would be a nice color addition, I LOVE my skunk cleaner shrimp- SO much personality and he's out all the time, a sleeper goby would help sift through your sand and keep it stirred up. Of course, I've read a lot about them dropping the sand on corals too, so maybe not actually. Lol. I would steer clear of angels entirely, they'll probably eat your corals. :( I think the Firefish are pretty and colorful, but we have one and she stays in her burrow a lot of the time, so you might not see it much either. Really, if you are looking for active and movement, the wrasse and blue reef chromis are your best bets for your size tank. :)

Royal gamma. Mine is pretty cool. He can be a wee bit shy but will still come out and give me the evil eye all the time. I just got a yellow watchman and shrimp pair. Take the advice lots of fun to watch as long as they burrow in the front of the tank. Diamond watchmans sift constantly, and if there isn't enough micro fauna they die. Mine did even with spot feeding daily.

Attachments

• image-254768021.jpg
    image-254768021.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3025795961.jpg
    image-3025795961.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 114
Have a magenta dottyback, it's pretty fish and supposed to be a great community fish. However mine is a bit territorial and most hides in my rock work.

I think I will try the goby/shrimp pair and hope the burrow where I can see them.

Make sure your rock is stable. I can see mine is shifting from the shrimp digging. Hoping I don't have a landslide.

Ya I did a lot of research before I set my tank up and glad I did cause I put my rock in THEN added sand so my rock is stable! :)

Ya stupid me never did that. Keeping a close eye and if I have to I will intervene and restableize with as little disturbance as possible. Crossing fingers. But on the plus side the shrimp is doing all the work at putting the rock on the bottom for me. Hahahaha and he's only a half inch long. :)

No I think he is still to small for that. All he does is dig! It's quite cool at night he even covers the burrow so him and the goby can sleep together in peace. I've named them. Goby is ginger and the shrimp is wasabi. I have a sushi theme going on. Lol

Haha that's cool. Yea I think that will be my next addition! Do they have to be mated at the store or can u add the separate and they just become friends?

That I'm unsure of. The two I got we're already together. From what I hear you can get them separately and they just need to find each other in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom