What gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyden71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm after a convict goby to clean all the trapped food from in the rocks can other gobys be added in or should I only have one goby in the tank which is a 55g live stock is a clown fish a regal blue tang a bannana wrasse a algea blenny a cleaner shrimp a blue legged hermit crab a purple tip nem and a pulsing zenia or can someone tell me what the best under rock cleaner is

Brittle starfish are good at under rock work,don't get a green brittle they eat fish. Yes you can have more than one goby just check to see if they are compatible first.

Convict goby? I would say skip it and get something else. Convict (engineer) gobys tend to make one burrow and stay in or very close to it so it won't do much to clean sand and such. The only time my engineer leaves the burrow is when I put the turkey baster near to target feed him. Don't get me wrong they are cool but if you want it to clean sand you will be disappointed. I have personally found the orange spot diamond goby to be an awesome sand sifter. Mine is always out churning the sand and eats prepared foods readily. I've also heard dragon gobys are good also. Saltwater dragon goby that is, not the fugly freshwater one of the same name. Something to remember with diamond gobys is they get about 6 inches and are notorious jumpers so you will need a lid. Eggcrate (lighting diffuser) works but best option is transparent screen like BRS sells.

Back
Top Bottom