what got my clown??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was your clown hosting anything at all? Or just hang by the rocks?

Gee this is the thing I am worrying about. I put a xenia out in the open just to let him host on it otherwise he has got nothing to host and sleeps by the rock I worry crabs, mantis or anything like that might get him.

You can see my other post regarding this issue.

no, i dont have an anemonie. he wasnt hosting anything. i dont know what got him. i know theres a crab in there, and a worm...and i dont know what would cause all the mucas stuff. its a mystery.... he could have died before and somethin got him, he was acting linda sluggish. he kept trying to hang out with the watchman goby, and the watchman wasnt down with that, so he would bite him, i guess he got hurt, then somethin got to him..... :(

That mucos looks like decay, to me. What are your water parameters? How long was he dead in your tank? Sorry for your loss.

i dont know my water perameters, i know they are not so good due to an ro/di problem, which im working on. i do know that he was alive the day before, so he wasnt in there long before i noticed. i didnt think that the mucas was from decay, i thought something jsut got him after his death. ak. rip red.

How long has he been in the tank? How old is the tank?

Without getting into it too much, and not trying to bash you, you should never keep livestock without knowing the parameters of your tank!

tanks been up, umm, i guess almost a year. (guessing) hes been in there ever since. i transfered a 20 gal, then got him... i miss him. so cute with his wigglin self.

yeah i know about the perameters, i just know its bad because of my ro/di issue. ill be buying bottled water :)() until i get it resolved and be doing decent water changes to get things back to normal. ahhh the joys of saltwater... hehe. ill be upgrading to a 72 bowfront for xmas :), too, so ill just start that from scratch. that will be fun.

Don't use bottled water. Use distilled. Bottle water is not as "pure" as you may think.

I'm lucky. The water quality from the taps in my area seems to be rather good quality. I just get it from the tap, remove the chlorine, chloride and ammonia then pour it into the tank as needed. Been doing it for three years now and haven't had any known effects.

To me it looks like decay also. The pic is not quite clear. If you have any cleanup crew they would have sped up the process. What is wrong with your RO/DI unit. Do you need to change filters, resin or membranes

i do use distilled. ;)

you are lucky!!!

and i havent quite gotten to the bottom of the ro.di problem, there is another post about it, the title is confused if u'd like to check it out. i need to by a pressure guage and go from there....

Back
Top Bottom