what inverts for 2 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
my 2 gallon tank is going GREAT! cycle is just about completed and im hoping to go to the LFS this weekend to pick up some inverts. i have no idea what kind of snails/crabs/shrimps they have to just give me a list of what types and how many i could have.

thanks,
joma!

ps. any tips to keeping inverts?

If you can get one of each, you won't need much to keep a 2G clean.

If you pick up a nassarius make sure your rock is table and on the bottom of the tank, they turn the sand over and will cause the rocks to fall down if not

Turbo and cerith will clean the rock and glass

Edit: 3 or 4 nassarius for a 2G hex? That's not a lot of space plus the hex makes the bottom even smaller

They shouldn't be more than say $2 a piece, and that's overpricing. I bought both my snails and hermits for probably <$1 each (but I got it discounted for buying 3 or more of each)

would those two be good for the tank? keep it clean and all? also what would i feed them?

can i put freshwater algae wafers to supplement them?

Just a reminder turbos get to be bulldozers. You might think of pom pom crabs they are small and shy but they will learn to come out when there is food for them. Unless you have a massive algae problem one turbo might be to much I have one in a 55 with hair algae and he does a good job at keeping it clean. You might consider an astera snail or a virgin nerite they are smaller but they do a great job on algae. There are so many choices. If you go with a hermit crab remember they will kill a snail just to try on its shell and decide the old one fits better:confused:

If you can get one of each, you won't need much to keep a 2G clean.

If you pick up a nassarius make sure your rock is table and on the bottom of the tank, they turn the sand over and will cause the rocks to fall down if not

Turbo and cerith will clean the rock and glass

Edit: 3 or 4 nassarius for a 2G hex? That's not a lot of space plus the hex makes the bottom even smaller

Sorry, didn't realize it was a hex. 3 or 4 would be overkill. :)

so what snails wont destroy my tank? loll i dont wanna take any chances? and what if i dont have a lot of algae in my tank for them to eat?

JOMA said:
so what snails wont destroy my tank? loll i dont wanna take any chances? and what if i dont have a lot of algae in my tank for them to eat?

Astrea and nerith

from, Adam

Back
Top Bottom