What is an acceptable TDS reading??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info, sounds like a good deal, I'm sooo tired of hauling water! Years, going to the Walgreens up the street, Glacier machine. I've probably single-handedly paid for the machine! Ohh well, need to get one of these units when I can afford it. Thanks

Theres a group buy coming up soon just so you know. :) If you want in just read through the thread, it's under equipment.

Thanks Carey, checked it out and have already sent you my info,
Thought the sale was sooner, so I have time to save a little more cash!
Sorry, wasn't trying to takeover the thread! So yeah I'm... TDS's are bad!

This is the one that I am looking at for the group buy. It shows as $152 and will probably be a little less during the group buy. I assume this is good, but doesn't have the tds meters and pressure gauge.

spoonman said:
This is the one that I am looking at for the group buy. It shows as $152 and will probably be a little less during the group buy. I assume this is good, but doesn't have the tds meters and pressure gauge.

Instead of buying a whole new unit, why not just get new filters and a refillable DI canister? Although I think BRS does a better job putting theirs together, the hardware for most units I think is pretty similar. Then you can save some cash for something else. (new coral, etc)

Didn't realize that PWC has the re-fillable DI units. Will check those out and maybe get a new unit down the road sometime. Thanks all!

A clear housing for the sediment filter is a must have, IMO. The same for the DI if you have color changing resin. The charcoal filters should be replaced annually.
I replace the sediment filter ~every 2 months, the charcoal filters annually, and I start checking tds when I see that the DI resin has changed color all the way to the top of the cannister. I have two refillable cartridges for the DI resin. I let the old one dry out completely as I find it's much easier to empty it.
A pressure guage is also a must IMO, though you can always add one in line if your unit didn't come with one.

Back
Top Bottom