What is going on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jillw28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have new blue and the white things all over. Anyone know what it all is? I didn't have them yesterday. Ty!

Attachments

• image-60660092.jpg
    image-60660092.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 177
The stuff in the center-left looks like aiptasia to me. Nasty little buggers. There are several ways of removing them such as injecting them with lemon juice, injecting/smothering them with a pickling lime paste, and injecting them with hot water. Injecting is done via a syringe. You want to get rid of them as fast as possible or the will spread like wildfire.

Id say aiptasia too, but id try peppermint shrimp first, mine love the buggers whenever they hitch hike into my tank.

Peppermint shrimp are a hit or miss. Some people have success with them and others don't. I think it would be better to try a different method first before you go out and possibly waste your money. Just my opinion.

I have an aipastia in my cube, a tiny little bugger. I also have 3 peppermints that have done nothing about it. lol

I would inject now instaed of waiting or buying shrimp which may or may not eat it

I had to get six peppermint shrimp to cure my problem. Haunt seen an aptasia in months.

So how did I gets these things? I have only added a couple hermit crabs to the setup...

Back
Top Bottom