WHAT IS LIVE MACRO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EXVISOR13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, everyone keeps telling me to feed fish live macro ,not sure I understand what this is

live macro are the plants...chaeto, caulerpas and the like. Instead of live, you can also feed dried sheets of nori or other seaweeds. These are fed usually stuck in a clip on the side of the tank for the fish to pick at.

obviously it is not the same as "live" but it will accomplish the same thing.

It's good for them but it's not the same in that it's not live. Live macro, like already mentioned grows in the tank or refuge. If I understand your original question.

omg, this is scarey, we said almost the same thing at the exact same time...
(play twilight zone theme in the background)

This happened earlier today with Bearfan...I must be spending too much time here.

I see ,I thought it was something you buy to feed them but live is like you said what grows in the tank like on the live rock and etc.

buy some. LFS's often have caulerpa for sale, but they may have other species.
you can also go to asian markets and buy nori (a type of seaweed/kelp) that isn't alive but is fresher and not all dried out (so more nutrious).

I think the last time I was at the fish store they had these green leaved plaints that they said was good for the tank, also help reduce nitrates ,I put some in my tank that the tang I hade ate them clean

What size tank. Do you have a refugium. You can grow it there. You can grow in your main tank if you dont have any herbivores.

if you have algae grazers in your tank, it will be quite hard to grow it IN THE TANK,
as they will eat it before it can grow. If you have a refugium, it could grow there and then you harvest it and feed the fish.

Is this refug hocked to your tank, in other words the flow of water if from your tank or its a seporate set up

Back
Top Bottom