What is the best eel for 55gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recommend selling/trading your current livestock and starting fresh. I don't think an eel will work for you with your current tank but if you start off fresh an eel goby may work. How deep is your sand bed?

All the other posters are right ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH OR ASK PEOPLE ON HERE I have had the same problem you are having I impulse buy on the advice of a lfs owner there thought process is if it dies hopefully after the live fish guarantee if they have one you will come back and buy more thats how alot of these places stay in business just think these places on average make less then 20000 a year excluding the big pet chain stores but most of the time there employees are misinformed

^ and nunus post hit the nail on the head! Didn't mean to come off as harsh death tank, but it's the truth, and I've seen this so many times, I don't want your tank to die. I would return everything but the clown, and get some awesome small fish. Yes, the stores may seem reputable, but the people with first hand experience will know best (us). We only wish to help. We don't want you or your fish to get hurt. Do the right thing and GL!

Goto liveaquaria.com and look up each of your fish it will tell you the minimum tank size for every fish, tangs do need about 6ft to swim they are very active and need the area. I have a 55g and the fish you have will cause you serious nitrate and algea issues before they die. Thats a big bioload on that tank. Do yourself a favor and trade them back to the fish store. I use liveaquaria.com to stock my tank. I stayed around the nano fish with exception of my yellow stripe maroon.

Back
Top Bottom