What is the best way to feed an anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
My cleaner shrimp has finally left my BTA alone (I think its clean enough now) LOL and I was wondering how I feed it. Also I hear you guys talking about a blender mush how do you do that too? I only want whats best for my fish friends. Any suggestions would be great! TIA!! Sue

I feed mine raw shrimp, scallops or krill and silver sides. I toss in good sized pieces and my clown if it can't eat it because its big then she feeds the anemone. I also feed by had.

I buy uncooked shrimp in the shell. I peel the shell off and soak the shrimp in a cup of my tank water for about 15 minutes. I cut it up into 1/4 inch cubes and freeze it in a tupperware bowl. When it's time to feed, I break off one of the cubes and hold it in the tank water. The clowns "love" to come up and eat little bits from my hand. When it is thawed out I put it just above the "mouth" on the disk of the Anemone and move my fingers around in the tenticles a few seconds. The Anemone will close up on it and eat. Works every single time for me.

Mike

I feed mine froozen mysis or squid. I just hold the cube by its mouth and it melts and it grabs what it wants.

I actually prefer to leave the shell on. It's more natural, and there is nutritional value in the shell.

Never thought of that. I guess I was thinking about how I would eat it.. :)

thanks, I will leave it on the next time I buy some.

Mike

I use a blender mush of shrimp and scallops and spray it upstream of the anemone with a turkey baster.

My anemone is always so hungry that it'll just grab anything i put near it's tentacle's (K.O. baby shrimps & frozen bloodworms)...

Back
Top Bottom