What is the coolest hitchhiker you've gotten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Second question: did you let it stay in your tank?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Chiton... Still there I think although I have not seen it in quite some time.

A stomatella. A crappy payoff for aiptasia, bristle worms, a predatory whelk, and some invasive breed like crazy miniature snail whose name I can't remember that's been invading my tank.

I kept it, but I think it died.

Peacock mantis shrimp yes I kept him he lived for 10 yrs :). And other one was a serpent star fish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Coolest thing: Purples brittles stars and fast moving huge amphipods, stomatella snail (very cool!)

Ok things: Strawberry anemones, feather dusters, red bush algae, mini snails, white sponges (ugly...)

not fun things: Aiptasia, bristles worms, dinoflagellates, green bubble algae.

Worst: Digitates hydroids (I got rid of them easyly, but killed a lot of zoans), lot of colonial hydroids (I had to kill all my 20 pounds of Live Rock, they're currently re-cycling... Also had to kill a LOT of zoans and mushs, thoses frags weres infested...).

A crab that is on the endangered species list. atergatis floridus
Yes, I kept him in my sump until I broke the tank down, then gave him to a friend. He's supposedly still in his sump doing fine.

img_3093777_0_5c16a0bb167fbd8576ed8b19b4a6e3d4.jpg

Large serpent star yes he's been in 3 tanks now had him 5 yrs he is the biggest attraction in my tank
60069-albums13934-picture66253.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416278833.017341.jpg

Ernie the snail is my hitchhiker! Haha
And of course some bristle worms.

And thanks for all the responses everyone this is some really cool stuff

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks like a juvi peacock full body shot would be better but I know that is easier said than done lol.

Strawberry Crab. Came in a rock and still got it. I've had it over a year now.

I bought 2 amano shrimp, and got two babies also. I kept them, but one died:(

I just got an acro crab that is pretty cool looking.

a while ago I bought a rock with a green slimer on it. Turns out the rock had a tiny peice of forest fire digi and a tiny peice of green digi that you couldnt see. A coupld of months later I noticed little bumps growing off the back of the rock. I now have 3 huge colonies of the green digi and 3 smaller colonies of the forest fire. That's my favorite hitchhiker so far...

Back
Top Bottom