What is the correct temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been keeping my water temperature at 77 degrees. But I recently upgraded my UV from 8W to 15W and the temperature has risen to around 81. I know I could increase my water flow through the UV to avoid overheating, but that would defeat the purpose of my UV upgrade.

Is 81 too high for a FOWLR tank?

What temperature do you guys keep you water at?

81 is fine. I usually keep my temp at about 80, but on really hot days with the mh's going it reaches about 84.

I keep mine at 78, but I go as high as 80. I know guys go above that, I just think it is not ideal and increases evaporation.

I saw a display tank at the LFS that runs at 85 and everything was perfect!! Everything was thriving and healthy...cept for that poor dwarf angel that was being picked on by another dwarf angel. That tank looked as to have been up for years! The key is stablity.

Thanks for all your replys. I always thought 81 is on the high side, but my tank seems to be healthy and happy. 75 might seems a bit low though, but I have not kept it at that temp so I couldn't comment.

i keep mine at 80 and it usually gets up to 83 towards the end of the day when the hallides have been on for a while.

81 is fine but the dissolved oxygen levels begin to fall at higher temps ao just make sure that you have adequate circulaton.

Back
Top Bottom