What is the "meanest" fish you have had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewbles99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
No doubt in my mind. I had an Undulate Trigger that was about 3" and it bit the traiilers off of the tail off of my 8" Queen Trigger about a day after being introduced to the tank. It then chased my medium green Moray. I couldn't believe what I witnessed. I returned it shortly after the debacle, the Queen and Moray were OK.

In terms of nastiest disposition (obviously some do more damage then others) I would say:

1. Undualte Trigger
2. Yellow Tang
3. Any sharp nosed puffer (fin nippers)
4. Any damsel

I have owned multiple Queen Triggers and never had a problem with them in my 20 years of fishkeeping, much to the contrary of other reports.

Interesting, everything I have read about the Opaline Gourami is that it is a passive fish. Good to hear some insight. And oh yea, switch to SW, it's much more fun :p

Hee hee! I'm working on it. It's alos just a teeny bit more expensive! :D

And about the opaline, I bought him specifically because of their "passiveness"
-Maybe mine is just a little devil! But he did kill all three of those fish. And when
he's with ANY other fish he turns almost navy blue and white. He gets so aggravated!

Another FW: Sorubim Lima (Shovel nosed cat)

sorubi1.jpg

I had a 7" blue spot Grouper :twisted: that was pretty mean. When I feed him 3-4" minnows he would swollow them whole as soon as they hit the water. Some times jumping slightly out of the water. After I took my tank down I gave him to my cousin with a few other fish. He killed or ate all of them including a big wrasse and a yellow tang about 6" (tore the stomach out).

for fw this by far was the worst ! couldnt put you hand in the tank with out getting bit and he would draw blood :)

The meanest fish I have is a KOLE TANG!
He is so mean he bit through my rubber Glove and made me bleed.
He has jumped out of the tank at me, I was nice and put him back in.
He almost killed my Pinktail Trigger.
He has started fights with my Tassled Filefish, Moorish Idol & Trigger.
If I put a net in the tank he will try to tail slap it and bite it.
I call him Evil!

Kaye

puffer

No doubt the meanest fish I had was a porcupine puffer. He ate every damsel, a small panther grouper, my clown, and he even picked on my niger trigger until he eventually killed it. Cutest little face, but he was a beast!

Back
Top Bottom