What is This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That has got to b the coolest fish I've ever seen! My wife agrees so I know I'm right...

I wish I had seen this b4 I started my freshwater tank I want this sooo bad

Also a fish that's almost impossible to keep without a coepod supply!

Yes. The fish that drew me in too!! But after further research. It is a hard fish to keep. Only eats Copepods. I am starting to stock Copepods hoping they over run the tank.. But my chromis is demolishing them before they grow..

I've heard that some... Tank raised manderins will eat other foods.

The Mandarin was my first fish to add to my newly cycled tank. He eats a frozen blend from my lfs, he will only eat the nano blend (which is just heavily blended into a puree) he has been doing better then my other tank mates and is growing fast. I just recently added a 12oz bottle of copepods and the only fish who seems to really be enjoying them is my bangaii cardinal. So I believe they are not as hard as people think. Either that or I got a non picky Mandarin. Also he seems to eat a lot off the live rock (which might mean the lr I bought from the lfs was already seeded with them)

The Mandarin was my first fish to add to my newly cycled tank. He eats a frozen blend from my lfs, he will only eat the nano blend (which is just heavily blended into a puree) he has been doing better then my other tank mates and is growing fast. I just recently added a 12oz bottle of copepods and the only fish who seems to really be enjoying them is my bangaii cardinal. So I believe they are not as hard as people think. Either that or I got a non picky Mandarin. Also he seems to eat a lot off the live rock (which might mean the lr I bought from the lfs was already seeded with them)

You might read a bit more. Your claim they are way easy to keep might get some attention. Good luck over the next few months.

I'm just simply saying he had been eating like a champ for about two months now, very active most of the day eating. When he isn't out eating, he is just chilling in the pineapple under the sea :)

for the record, I didn't claim anything(as I don't have many of these fish, just one, so this is not to be taken as me claiming factual evidence), just sharing my experience so far with mine.

I'm just simply saying he had been eating like a champ for about two months now, very active most of the day eating. When he isn't out eating, he is just chilling in the pineapple under the sea :)

for the record, I didn't claim anything(as I don't have many of these fish, just one, so this is not to be taken as me claiming factual evidence), just sharing my experience so far with mine.

(y):hide:(y):hide:(y):hide:(y)

Back
Top Bottom