what is this glowing thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Octavio

Aquarium Advice Activist
It glows with my moon lights

One is with the light on and the other off but can see it on cam looks reddish

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120729_201418.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120729_201418.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 173
  • ForumRunner_20120729_201441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120729_201441.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 163
Yeah bro it glows reddish with the moonlights and coralline is growing in my tank

I have it in my reef also. Funny thing is sometimes it glows and sometimes it doesn't. I annotated confident it is coraline.

Keithhjs said:
I have it in my reef also. Funny thing is sometimes it glows and sometimes it doesn't. I annotated confident it is coraline.

Right it doesn't glow all the time its nice to see but would love to know what it is

Ughh spell check. I meant confident. Also I have it in multiple places and glows pink to reddish under heavy blue lighting.

Keithhjs said:
Ughh spell check. I meant confident. Also I have it in multiple places and glows pink to reddish under heavy blue lighting.

Jajaja yeah that's what I'm looking at

What's even more odd is I occasionally get neon green dots during full lighting parked on rocks, mushrooms, corals, and even seen them floating in the tank moving with the current lol.

I haven't notice that on my tank I'm going to look more into that

I have noticed the same thing in my tank. In the wild there are bioluminescent bacteria so maybe that is it.

kdpuffer said:
I have noticed the same thing in my tank. In the wild there are bioluminescent bacteria so maybe that is it.

I agree, but it could be Phosphorus deposits too. These are also luminescent. Never heard of it in a tank before, but I've seen it in freshwater lakes.

Back
Top Bottom