What is this growing on my rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you can see these little stringy things growing off of my rock what do you think they are ?

Attachments

• image-2008961626.jpg
    image-2008961626.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 161
No if you look the the left side if the rock there little string like things hard to explain . It has a stalk and little "antenna" looking things coming off them. And parameters don't have a test kit right now so all I know is salinity is 1.023 and temp is 78.8

And might as well ask this here to I could be wrong but I'm not sure these are zoas multiplying here can you tell me what the stuff growing onto my frag plug is?

Attachments

• image-1538682603.jpg
    image-1538682603.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 113
No I know that's a feather duster but I'm talking about what's growing up on the frag plug

I believe their Majano's, I lost a lot of corals from these. My poor Zoa & Paly garden in my old nano got hit hard by these stinging and even killing some colonies, because they would just stop opening. I believe Aiptasia-x kills them. I got a file fish for them, their camouflage looking.

I googled it and that doesn't seem to look like that I wish I could get a better pic but if you can see how they string out along the whole peice it looks like it has " hair"

Lol yeah not those, sorry. But what you have is what I had. I thought they were harmless too. But soon they where on everything, even the stalks on zoas. I don't know if you could even get a pic of their almost transparent tentacles. I didn't see the tentacles till later, that's when I freaked out.

Good homework, I see what your talking about, the shafts have stuff on them. I've never had these....makes me wonder what the crap I had that looked like a microscopic anemone lol

Digitate and aptesia are differnt i have heard they can die out by themselves and people have then and they don't bother anything and others they sting coral. I'm gonna buy a pepermint shrimp I heard those may eat them worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom