What is this in my frogspawn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
If this is a feather duster, It's a new type to me. It is only one sided and rotates 360 degrees to catch food in the water and sucks it back down a tube. I think I should try and remove or kill it. It won't let my frogspawn open up. Any Ideas

Not gunna lie that was fascinating.. Definetly lookslike a feather duster! That's a frogspawn? Not a hammer coral? Looks open

I've never seen my feather dusters do that lol. That's pretty cool though. The only time mine go in the tube is if a shadow goes over it or something like that. Or when I get close to it cleanin the glass. That's a hammer btw.

not a feather duster but it is a filter feeder of some kind i have a couple in my fava brain

In had a couple of Halloween hermit crabs that came with a bunch of those on their shells.. Mine were a lot smaller than this one but they were a lot if fun to watch.. Btw, that looks like a hammer coral to me.

Hammer Coral I'm sorry lol. I have a Frog Spawn right next to it. I would love to keep it but it's causing a few of the polyps to not open up. Can I epoxy or superglue the hole shut?

Honestly I have a large barnacle on my hammer and it doesn't bother him at all. Might be something else going on with it. If you epoxy it you might risk damaging the coral. I'd leave it alone IMO.

Honestly I have a large barnacle on my hammer and it doesn't bother him at all. Might be something else going on with it. If you epoxy it you might risk damaging the coral. I'd leave it alone IMO.

Everything is fine. It's the few polyps that are around it that wont open cause everytime It pops out it touches then and they retract.

Back
Top Bottom