What is this stuff growing on my rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey after a tremendous dieoff on my liverock. I am finally starting to see something grow on my rock. Its been about 3 days since dieoff. It kinda looks like dried glue. Its clear with a tint of white to it. Kinda starting to blanket the rock in sections. What is it? And is it a good thing or bad thing?

Is is hard to the touch or soft and squishy? Any possibility of getting a pic? My first thought is maybe a sponge or sea squirt, but it's really hard to say without a pic or a better description...

Its on more then one rock. Its in little sections on each rock. Looks just like dried glue. When I touch it, it ruptures releasing water that was trapped in it. Pretty much like a solid web from one part of the rock to another. Ill try to get a pic up tommorrow.

Thanks for any help,
Anthony

Sounds like fouling from the die off, probably from the death of some sponges on the rock. It is commonly described as spiderweb like. Use a baster or powerhead to blow it off and continue your water changes.

Back
Top Bottom