What is your favorite part about a Saltwater Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite part about a Saltwater Aquarium?

• Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corals

• Inverts

• Other

• Total voters

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please leave a post and tell us why what you chose was your
favorite.

If you selected other, tell us what it was.

TIA

I got into it because of the fish, and still love the fish. They become so much of a pet they are just like my dogs, just wet ;).

Sorry I didn't put this in my original post but pretty much the same as MACATUA I first got into it because of the fish and still love them, but I have to admit corals are growing on me . . .

Mobil inverts have always fascinated me and is the main reason I got into SW. FW has its share of inverts but nothing like SW. I only have fish in the tank because it looks funny without them :p

I SCUBA and have seen many of these beautiful fish in their natural habitats. I even found a stone fish near the shore once, in India. Good thing no one stepped on it! I also like to play with octopus, they are very curious and love shiny things, like your regulator! LOL!

Even though there r tons of cool inverts and corals, nothing interests me as much as the fish that live by reefs. They are amazing. Especially the ones that are hard to get your hands on in the trade.

I have to say the inverts. Cleaner shrimps, crabs, nass snails, etc. all amaze me. Dont get me wrong I love my fish and coral but for some reason the inverts just truly amaze me.

i picked other because i like them ALL.... they all have such awesome personalities that i couldnt pick..... :oops:

I was first attracked to the hobby because of the beautiful fish colors. Now...I love the live rock! :band:

I like the live rock because it is always growing new things on it and just has all sorts of cool creatures coming out of them! Its like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gunna get! :) jk I agree with vsnsofadrgn though. I really like everything about the SW tanks. Its really entertaining to just sit back, relax, and watch the fish tank for hours on end!

I voted "OTHER" .... I like the things that go bump in the night!!!

When you turn off the lights in your tank give it about an hour or so and then with a Red L.E.D flashlight peek into your tank and be amazed at the things you see that don't come out when the lights are on!!

I have come up with my conclusion since last night. I cant really say I like one thing more than the other because all together they make up the whole shibang.

Fish: They have personality and also give it some exotic look. The colors of the fish just look amazing!

Inverts: They are interetsing. When you look in the tank and they are just doing their thing and you could watch them for hours. That and lot of them blend in and people are amazed at all the things in the tank that you dont see at first glance.

Corals: give it a live feeling like everything including the rock is live in the tank.

Liverock: Nothing looks better than some rock with purple all over it! So even the rock is pretty!

Sand: This is optional to alot of people but I love white sand! Makes me think im down in the carribean somewhere just chilling when I watch my tank.

So all are needed for a well rounded tank IMO.

I have a almost impossible time deciding between having a tank of colorful wrasse or a tank of corals. I am leaning towards corals. They bring so much color and fullness to a tank. I could stare at a tank of just corals all day, but only spend minutes looking at fish.

Corals are the best for me. It used to be fish but the corals changed my perspective.

I'll have to say the LR fascinates me...
I keep setting up new tanks and ordering rock straight from the ocean just to see what pops out...it's really amazing the diversity of life..

Back
Top Bottom