What is your favorite protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeh1487

Aquarium Advice Regular
just wondering what is your favorite protein skimmer. Currently mine is lifereef protein skimmer way better then my old king bubbler

JNS skimmers are pretty impressive. Bubble Magus makes decent skimmers, as does reef octopus.[ /QUOTE]

Mr. X seems to know what hes talking about on the skimmers. Ill probably switch to one of those JNS's from my aquac remora when i can save up the money.

I've been told to go with the Reef Octopus 100 for my 55 gallon tank/20 galllon sump. I haven't had a chance to really own one, but reviews say they're good.

Seaside uses ATB bodies and sicce pumps for the most part. They are also good. I recently put an ES2 cone on a tank I look after. It's an awesome skimmer.

I've been told to go with the Reef Octopus 100 for my 55 gallon tank/20 galllon sump. I haven't had a chance to really own one, but reviews say they're good.
That sounds underpowered. Which one is the 100? Is this an HOB model?

That sounds underpowered. Which one is the 100? Is this an HOB model?

Coral Vue Technology AC20284 Octopus Needle Wheel Skimmer for Aquarium Filter, 4-Inch, 100-Gallon

It's an in-sump skimmer, but I'm going with this one because I have a 20 gallon sump and I'm using the middle section for a refugium and it's the only one that will fit, or else I would have gone with the 150 model

Back
Top Bottom