What is your Night PH at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
so last night at work i picked up a new pinpoint ph monitor, it will be used with the Ca reactor. but any way, i hooked it up and calibrated it and all and set it in the tank. how low dose your ph get at night? mine is reading 7.46. i know there will be a dip but man that is a big swing. i just need to get that ca reactor hooked up then there will not be that swing. in the day time the tank reads like 8.3 ish (that is with the liquid test the light have not been one for me to read the day ph with the new toy). So what dose every ones ph read at night? thanks

My pinpoint shows about 8.15ish at night and around 8.4ish in the day. All I really do is change water buffered with ocean blend to 12.5DKH and 480s CA and then I dose kalk 24/7.

7.46 is low, but not a huge immediate concern. I would work on surface agitation and come up with a slow and steady plan to better buffer your water over the course of a couple weeks. Stay away from PH 8.3 stuff. It took me forever to break the 8.3 mark because I had dumped so much of that Cra* in my system. I really want to hit the 8.3-4 night 8.6 peek marker.

well the day was 7.96 so i added some buffer to bring it up to 8.10 is the reading right now. we will see how this works.

Back
Top Bottom