Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-01-2003, 10:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

What is your regular fish diet?

What is your daily choice of food for your fish?

Old 11-01-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I mix it up algea tabs, raw shimp pieces, blender mush ( the most popular ), and cyclopeze . I rotate them throughout the week and then I have a day off of feeding on Sunday.

Old 11-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Homemade blender mush (Assortment of Raw seafoods, clam juice, tank water, nori, viatamins, pellet food, cod oil mixed into a chunky reaaly nasty fishfood smoothie) every other day.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

What is cyclopeze?
When you do the blender mush, how do you feed it? If it's not in flakes or granules, won't it just badly mess the water?
Old 11-01-2003, 11:14 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
What is cyclopeze?
Don't know, I do know lots of people are using it and getting good results, from what I have read.

Quote:
When you do the blender mush, how do you feed it?
I put the blended mush in ziplock bags and freeze it, after a day or so, Icut it up into little meal sized chunks, take a chunk, thaw it in a cup of tank water, break it up and pour it in the tank. There are fish sized chunks all the way down to liquified. It feeds everything in the tank from the worms, pods and critters to the corals and fish. It is possible to foul the tank with any food, I have found the proper amount of mush to feed everything and not foul the tank.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

i rotate the following, scallopes, octopuss, squid, cocktail shrimp, krill, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and 3 times a week the food gets soaked in garlic guard by seachem
Old 11-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #7
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShot
What is cyclopeze?
From the manufacturer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Labs
Cyclop-eeze are a selectively bred, biologically engineered microorganism which are cultured in a pristine arctic lake. The Cyclop-eeze are a decapod (10 legged) microscopic crustacean that are instantly characterized by their intense “blood orange” coloration. In fact, the Cyclop-eeze contain the highest known concentration of the fundamental and critical biological pigment Astaxanthene, accounting for their striking coloration.

Complimenting this incredible pigmentation are previously unknown levels of the Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids (HUFA’s) especially those of the famed “omega-3” family. These highest levels of omega-3 HUFA’s are essential for larval aquaculture applications and typically exceed forty times (40 X) those obtained from hatching the highest quality Artemia eggs
Cheers
Steve

Tags
die, diet, fish diet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com