Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

King Fisher your right most are. I thought I'd try it here again. There's some good folks here.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:32 PM   #12
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Good evening.
Sorry you view my experiences as hostility. This is simply info for the OP. Adding these products cause issues in our systems, especially with skimmers like I said. Even chemi clean, which recommends turning off skimmers while using.
But with that said, I'll use this as an opportunity to remind us all about keeping it on topic for the OP's benefit. This is all simply information for the OP after all.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Vibrant works.. try it if you want. It's a product on the market and you can spend your money on it. Worked for me!
Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #14
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What kind of algae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
Vibrant works.. try it if you want. It's a product on the market and you can spend your money on it. Worked for me!

I looked it up, thought interesting but scanty details on whatís in it on the links I saw (could be an Australian thing so shops are not seen stocking anything naughty). Seen much on ingredients / how it works out of interest?
Old 07-14-2019, 08:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
I looked it up, thought interesting but scanty details on whatís in it on the links I saw (could be an Australian thing so shops are not seen stocking anything naughty). Seen much on ingredients / how it works out of interest?
They're not going to list all the magic ingredients in a product sold for $25 a bottle silly.... its vinegar. Vodka/vinegar dosing will achieve the same desired outcome. I switched to vinegar. Still a bunch of vibrant if anyone wants it
Old 07-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I listed it last as just that a last resort. It works. There is a large thread on the top reef site. It got me through the ugly stage nicely. Supposed to have a strain of bacteria in it. Whatever is in it has helped 1000s get through various algae. Anyways...
Old 07-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #17
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What kind of algae

Quote:
They're not going to list all the magic ingredients in a product sold for $25 a bottle silly.... its vinegar. Vodka/vinegar dosing will achieve the same desired outcome. I switched to vinegar. Still a bunch of vibrant if anyone wants it

Ta, I wondered but not up to speed on SW (plus it feels like anything new after 1990 is banned here ) (Even had liquid carb confiscated and that was posted intra-state ). Thanks!
Old 07-15-2019, 04:25 PM   #18
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Ta, I wondered but not up to speed on SW (plus it feels like anything new after 1990 is banned here ) (Even had liquid carb confiscated and that was posted intra-state ). Thanks!
If it's just vinegar then that's a definite last resort. That kind of dosing is a pain and has a major impact on skimming.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
If it's just vinegar then that's a definite last resort. That kind of dosing is a pain and has a major impact on skimming.
What is the major impact?
Old 07-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #20
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Quote:
What is the major impact?
With vinegar or vodka dosing, it tends to impact the skim that you get or make it that you will have to raise the water level in the cone of the skimmer to get it to skim appropriately. It tends to cause the skim to be much darker and thicker. The last time I was able to have a discussion about such it was being theorized that this is from the die off of the bacteria that the sugars in the vodka/vinegar causes to grow greatly from the dosing.

Tags
algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com