what kind of clean up crew for predator tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbeef61

Aquarium Advice Regular
what are some good things to add for a clean up crew....i have 90 gal FOWLR with a niger trigger...lunare wrasse...and foxface all good size and a snowflake and spotted moray....what are some good additions for sifting my sand (Crushed Puca and coral mixed sizes) and cleaning the rocks...the wrasse eats blue leg hermits but snails are ok...i have them and me for glass..whats safe in there for sifting and rock cleaning..

The niger will more than likely eat the snails when it gets larger. eels will eat shrimp. wrasse will eat the hermits. Looks like your out of luck. Lots of waterchanges and vac the cc subsrate.

just keep buying hermits and stuff, they are only like a buck. you probably buy feeders for your tank, look at it like that.

and besides that's life in the big tank.... stuff gets eaten

I tried hermits, turbo snails, and a peppermint shrimp in my tank. None of them lasted more than a couple of minutes due to my Picasso Trigger. He ate the peppermint shrimp within 30 seconds. And then just kept flipping the snails and hermit on their back and took them out one at a time.

You are the clean up crew of a preditor tank. A regular and frequent cleaning sechule with tons of biological filtration is the best route to go.

lando said:
You are the clean up crew of a preditor tank. A regular and frequent cleaning sechule with tons of biological filtration is the best route to go.

Exactly. While I barely have any live rock, just two softball size rocks, I do run carbon in my Rena Filstar, including ceramic rings.

My Coral Beauty does a great job of algae-cleaning, he rarely eats when I feed the other fish. He grazes all day long on wherever algae is growing. My Yellow Tang and Trigger both keep the sand pretty clean also, although they aren't really known for doing that.

All I do is a 20% water change every 2 weeks and clean the glass with one of those magnetic scrubbers once a week.

Mbeef61 I think your SOL....With that line up there is not much you can get. With CC a sand sifting star is out. Like lando says, looks like your the cleaner in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom