Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to toddwess
What kind of coral is this?

Not the best picture in the world, but I have a coral that I forgot the name of.

It is the one all the way over on the far left. You can make out the bubble coral, candy cane coral, and pearl coral going from left to right across the tank, but this one is to the left of the bubble coral.

It looks like a human hand, with little brown thingy-s extended out of it.

I just don't know what it is.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

It's a Carribean photosynthetic gorgonian, commonly called a Candelabrum (Plexaurella spp)

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to toddwess
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
It's a Carribean photosynthetic gorgonian, commonly called a Candelabrum (Plexaurella spp)
Thanks!!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:18 PM   #4
Rye
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Rye Send a message via AIM to Rye Send a message via MSN to Rye Send a message via Yahoo to Rye
i have one of these for about 8 years now.. bout it off a guy who had it for 5 years... i had to angel it to the side cause its about 2 1/2 feet tall now... with 18 branches comming off of it.. careful the branches dont touch each other if you can cause the will stick together and grow over each other and become attach to each other... ive also cut a few branches off and traded the pet store for a few different types of coral.. it needs a pretty strong current ... i have mine right in front of a powerhead... the tank its in just has vho light and its doing fine... i would say it need medium lighting.. but strong curent

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com