What kind of corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am seriously thinking of buying a great light fixture someone offered me for $350 ( only used for 3 months, in excellent condition). I was told it was the coralife pro fixture 48" for my 55 gallon. It seems like a great deal.

its this:
http://www.marineandreef.com/Aqualight_Pro_Metal_Halide_48_inch_Coralife_p/res53506.htm

Anyway, if I did get this fixture, what types of corals / anenomies ( if any) could I keep under this light? The guy selling said he kept 'almost anything' under it.. but of course what could that include? LOL

thanks!!

I would say you could just about have anything you want as far as the lighting aspect. I would still start off with some very hardy corals. Check out my images and you`ll see some very hardy corals. I dont fool with the difficult ones. Congrats on the new aquisition.

Wow, everyone is slowly moving towards Reef from FOWLR :), congrats on the lights catmel! Good deal!

I havent got it yet but its almost a sure deal! Glad to hear I can keep almost anything under it. I will of course start out with easy to keep corals.

Thats great news, glad you guys think its a good deal, I thought so too, and couldnt resist it. Im gonna give the guy a call here soon. I wasnt planning on converting to reef, but thats just a great deal for almost new lighting!

I also got a ro/di for christmas! I'm so happy :-D

Back
Top Bottom