Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

All good suggestiosn so far. How about a Bartlett's Anthias or a pair of Banggai Cardinalfish ?

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
If you like the dwarf angels then you could try a flameback (Centropyge acanthops). It's always hit and miss but they seem to be slightly better reef candidates than the flame angels.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
I love the suggestions that are coming in, but you guys are making it tough for me to make a decision. I keep flip flopping. Fijiwigi really hit the nail on the head, I can't tell you how many times I've kicked myself for not getting a bigger tank.

I'm starting to lean towards the Bartlett's Anthias, but I was little concerned since the link said it was difficult to keep. But I know there aren't alot of choices when it comes to housing an Anthias in a 55 gallon tank. One other thing that concerned me was I usually see Anthias in schools and didn't know it would have issues being kept without other Anthias.
bodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree that your bioload is pretty light right now...especially with types of fish you currently have...not are very messy and do not contribute greatly to bioload. You can stack the deck more in your favor by feeding quality foods in lower quanities.

As for fish...you have several options. I like the royal gramma, sixline wrasse, shrimp goby, or a small school of reef chromis. Most tangs may be out with the exception of maybe a yellow-eyed kole. I would not attempt any of the dwarf angles in your reef set up.

Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 55 gallon, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com