What kind of paint to you guy/gals use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used the krylon paint i think on one of my tanks. Just get a blue that you will like. My GF wanted a really light blue on her tank. I prefer more a pure blue. All preference. Just make sure you do lots of coats.

I just did the back of my new tank in a dark blue krylon. Everyone says to use spray, but I brushed mine on. You do see brush-strokes when looking at it from the back (or the front) when you have a light source on the other side. Can't see the brush strokes really once you have the tank back against a wall. Besides, you'll have the back covered with algae before long. The nice thing about brush-on is that you don't overspray all over your living room, and you don't need to get somebody to help you haul the tank to a paint safe area if you have a larger tank. Alternatively, you could roller it on as well.

I'm partial to blue paint (darker shades), but others swear by black. Either should look nice, and like Civicman86 said, be prepared to do multiple coats. Give it a little time to dry between coats and you'll get a more uniform color.

I just used the cheapest blue spraypaint I could find. The color will differ slightly from the top on the can. Do lots of thin coats. I used the whole can on my 55. Make sure you mask off the rest of the tank amd be sure no to get any paint on the inside.

Good Luck

Brian

painting the back of a tank

Need to find out if I already have my tank setup w/water,a fish and cleaner crews can I still paint the back of my tank?

i painted the back of my tank black with some spray paint i got from a hobby shop looks good

Back
Top Bottom