What LED over my 40g Mixed Reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking to replace my t5ho fixture thats over my reef with an Ebay LED, the t5ho needs new bulbs and I dont want to spend 140$ on new bulbs every 8months anymore. I would rather spend 150$ on a new fixture. I have found a few different options on ebay. I dont need any fancy fancy LED's for this tank because honestly its just set up to hold my corals over for the next 6-12 months till I get my 4'x4'x24'' cube set up. As well as house my Copper band butterfly fish and Clowns. So that being said I am going to try to just use one fixture over the tank for the time being and if I see I need another fixture ill add one later.

What option would you pick and why? Or if people have a fixture around the 160$ price range that they like please do share.

Heres the options

LED with Few Different Colors
LED with just White/Blue
LED that is White/Blue with different optics.

They are all pretty much the same light just different optics and colors. I run the 55 3w version over my 40 reef and it is great .

i run the led flood lights i got off ebay.. you can get in 20 30 or 50 w fixtures along with blue actinics. they work pretty good!! i got them from the_jonvh.. look them up.. you can get a package deal for like 250, and when you get your new setup or tank.. you can transfer them over to there.. just make sure if you do get them they have to be elevated at least a foot. or you will have dark corners.

Back
Top Bottom