What LR did you start with? POLL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What did you start with?

• Fiji

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tonga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My only two choices where Fuji or Tonga branch from the LFS. Of course, this is before I found AA!! If I were to choose now, I would go with the "keys" rock from liverocks.com. I have a LFS that sell some of the smae stuff and calls it "carribean" LR. Great color, great life, lots of fun!

I have one store around here thats sells it, and it's like $11 a pound. It looks great though. Did you ever go to Iowa Pet Foods and Seascapes?

I started with mostly rock from Florida, looked very similar in color the www.liverocks.com "Keys" rock.

I am added a bunch of Fiji to the tank in the next couple days, should be a nice contrast.

45# Fiji from Flyhig Fish.com, now part of Dr. Foster and Smith, then 50# Tonga from Seven Seas then 45# frm Liverocks.com. There's also 50# of base rock under it all.

#140 Carribean shelf rock and #40 Fiji rock from Fosters and Smith. Later added another #40 of gulf and keys rock form LR.com. Planning another #40-60 from LR.com again after the weather warms up.

120lbs florida rock from liverocks.com followed by another 40lbs a few months later

Back
Top Bottom