Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2005, 08:48 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Snoopybdb
Quite an addictive hobby huh? I've had all kinds of animals growing up. Turtles, newts, iguana, guppies, goldfish, etc. But i've always wanted a sw tank. I worked in a pet store for awhile and was always amazed by the sw stuff. One day i was shopping and ran into a long time customer(i now do hair). We started talking about fish and she told me she had a 30 gal oceanic tank with filter, stand and cc substrate just sitting in her garage that she would sell me for $100. AWSOME!! I took the opportunity to start my sw venture. She brought the tank to my house and i set it up went and bout the salt and equipment you need to get started. I let it run for a couple of days and couldn't stand looking at water anymore, so off to the lfs i went to buy some damsels. about 5 weeks later i started adding things. About 1 yr after initial set up i had a bad breakup with the boyfriend and refused to let him keep it so i moved it to my mom's house where it's been for a year. So 2 years later here i am spending way more money then i should on my tank. Soon i hope to be moving it to our house so we can enjoy the $750 my boyfriend and i have spent in the last 2 weeks and not my mom!

30 gal, cc base, about 40# lr, 1 yellow tang, 1 clown fish, 1 firefish, 1 dottyback, 1 emerald crab,1 cleaner shrimp, 1 flame scallop, 1 finger leather coral, med size cluster of yellow stone polyps, 1 sunflower coral, 1 blue maxima clam, 1 sebae anenome

Old 03-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to tinman
Still green to the hobby but after a year of research and being away from the florida for 5 years me and my wife decided a little peice of ocean would bring beauty and peice back to our lives....But not our wallets...lol

Old 03-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Still new to saltwater, but for years we had freshwater tanks. I decided recently to give saltwater a try and I am sooo glad I did.

New at this, but learning everyday.
65 gal saltwater
1 clown ; 1 orange spot goby ; Firefish ; Lawnmower Blenny ; Royal Gramma ; Yellow Watchman Goby ; 2 Electric Blue Hermit Crabs ; 6 Scarlet Leg Crabs ;
60lbs live rock
2 peppermint shrimp
40 gal FW Community Tank
2 neon tetras ; 1 zebra ; 2 catfish
Red Turq Discus
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:05 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to megos1
I have had fish ever since I was a little kid and I never knew too much about them. Then when I got to middle school I took over my Grandmother's outdoor koi pond and decided that fish was the hobby for me. In highschool I took every aquaculture class I could enroll in and stayed afterschool to help out quite a bit. Now I work at a petstore and help everybody get started with their tanks, from fresh to salt...Now, I have my 110gal saltwater tank cycling as we speak!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:49 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Regular

It all started when I tried to keep some bait alive until next weeks fishing trip at the beach......haha
Old 04-15-2005, 11:49 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Regular

Skunk clowns made me want a salt water aquarium and I've had them for two years now.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:58 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsmarinetank
It all started when I tried to keep some bait alive until next weeks fishing trip at the beach......haha
thats funny. I tried keeping bait alive in my little fish tank when I was a kid. along with frogs and tadpoles and crawdads. no luck with any of them. (who knew frogs could jump out of a tank?)
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:22 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Activist

I ran out of room for my fish in the 55, so I switched to a 100gal. When I ran out of room for fish, I began to buy coral.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:24 AM   #139
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well i've had fresh water since i was 14 and all i ever wanted was salt, but never had the money. every time i went to the lfs i just dreamed and prayed. So this year i knew i was getting a good chunk of money for my taxes, so i said what the heck i'm going to do it and i did. Now i got my 20gl fowlr for now. Now i got the itch so I'm setting up a 75 or 90 gl reef very soon, just setting up one thing at a time. So i guess after 10 years of fresh i finally got salt...woo whoooo
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

My little 2 yr old boy saw the movie Nemo and I heard for months nemo this dory that. I bought him a 5 gal FW tank but still no nemo. Since I am wrapped around his little finger we now have a SW 525 gallon being set up as I type this....WHAT HAVE I DONE?????

Tags
reef, reef aquarium, aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com