Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #171
Aquarium Advice FINatic
chix dig it : )

75g RR. 2x250 14k MH / 2x54 T5 act. 29g sump. ASM G1X skimmer. phosban reactor. 80lbs LS, 90lbs LR, 2x seio M620.
kole tang, bicolor angel, mandarin dragonette, ocellaris clown / BTA , cleaner shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, a variety of soft, SPS, and LPS corals, orange linckia star.
steve r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #172
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Mandarin dragonettes are the devils

Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

CCTV Has shut its doors. Off the air.
5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
MyCatsDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #173
Aquarium Advice Freak
Admit it! Everyone in this world loves beautiful things. Including myself. That explain everything. Almost everything under water is magnificent. Another theory is that things in the ocean which we don't normally see on LAND is kind of mysterious to us and if we can keep these things in our life right in front of us that makes us satisfied. At least that's how I feel.

I like people come around have a look at my tank. People who see a saltwater tank is like: "is it possible? I thought we can only see this on tv?" I even have people asked me about the coral which is swaying in the current: "are they real?" and you can see those unbelievably big eyes they show. This happened many times.

Oh, and it looks good in the house too.
weekf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #174
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hc8719 Send a message via MSN to hc8719
marine tanks put freshwater tanks to shame. and i was ready for an upgrade
"Atrocities are not less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are called medical research."
George Bernard Shaw
hc8719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:03 AM   #175
Aquarium Advice Regular
It was last year when i went to the bahamas and went scuba diving and saw all those gorgeous fish and I soon converted my freshy tank to my saltwater.
Dt524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:41 AM   #176
Aquarium Advice Activist
My boyfriend took me to the LFS because he is a reefer and wanted to share his pleasure with me. At first I was not so impressed. He offered to get me a Nano so I started looking at the fish differently. I was trying to find the right fit... Which ones did I like? Which ones would live together well? Which ones would survive in such a small tank? etc...

Soon I got hooked by the variety of fish and coral available!! There are so many species! So many beautiful mysteries! So much to learn and consider...

That was only two months ago. I stated with a Nano (24 gal). I now have that and two new 55 gallon tanks plumbed together on a central sump with a third 55 wainting in the wings... Les'see... that means I'm already adding 16.25 gallons a week.... I better slow down! At this rate my whole apartment will be underwater in less than a year! Ha ha!
nicksgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #177
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, almost 20 yrs. ago I had a 55 Gal. SW FO tank that I really enjoyed. Had it for about 6 yrs. Then, just recently, I wanted a nano tank to fit between 2 chairs in my living room. Bought an Eclipse System 12 Bowfront that I really like. The reason I bought it???? When those **** GEICO and DRUG commercials come on I just have to hit the mute button, turn my head and RELAX. I miss most of my favorite shows becuase I forget about the T.V.!!!! I guess thats another bonus of enjoying a salwater tank.
unda_da_sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #178
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to artoledo Send a message via MSN to artoledo Send a message via Yahoo to artoledo
A friend of mine hsa a 55 gallon SW and i went to his house and was amazed. So i told my wife that for my BDAY i wanted a tank. I couldnt wait so that same day i got on craigslist and found a 75 with stand and all the extras for $150. i bought it and i have been hooked for the past 2 months
artoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #179
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to surjer Send a message via Yahoo to surjer
I popped 3 balloons at the county fair about 15 years ago. Then found this really neat 2.5 gallon swirly tank that became my "Neon Tetra Tank". Then the 10. I kept the 10 gallon for about 5-6 years and then moved and never set it up. (So I threw it all away). Then I met my wife and she had a TERRIBLE 10 gallon tank. I quickly showed her my mad fw tanking skills and so she married me! lol After that we got our 20 gallon and it stayed fw for about a year. Then we moved to VB and after visiting the most AWESOME LFS I have ever been to i bought a bag of salt! Thats when I setup the 20 gallon as a SW tank instead of a FW tank...

Now I just keep pumping $$ into the 20 gallon.. I can see this leading to a 55 quickly... lol
surjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #180
Aquarium Advice Regular

(Micro biology major)

Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef aquarium, aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com