Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #251
Aquarium Advice Freak
i adopted a 10g fresh water tank from a friend, my interest kept growing and i was fascinated with all the new info i was learning. the 10g escalated into a 20g long and after i was happy with the set up and low maintance of the tank, i either wanted to go with a bigger freshwater tank or go saltwater with my 20g long.

a few xmas presents later and i was on in the saltwater game! tank is still cycling now so keeping my fingers crossed for a low budget/maintenance/successful future!

tnice17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #252
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
here it is. my first salt tank. enjoy-
Mr_X's Tank : Members' Tank Specifications

and from then i graduated on to this-

then this-

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #253
Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a 46 gallon bow front about 3 years ago. I had it set up with FW at the beginning. I moved across the country and moved the aquarium to my parents for a year where they took care of it. Once I moved back and bought my new place I moved it to my place. Everytime I did a water change I swear I would kill at least one fish, so darn fussy in FW. Once I killed my last fish I said F it and went salt water. From there on the rest was history. So much nicer to look at and much more interesting.
rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 PM   #254
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Started with a goldfish, 7 months later a 29 gallon sw tank.
newtosw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #255
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a friend who has, literally 8 tanks in his house. Two fresh water and six salt water. Every time I was at his place I was just staring. He bought and sold equipment and convinced me to buy a 35 gallon hexagon tank with a magnum 350 canister. I did, plunged into saltwater and am just now setting up my upgrade, a 65 gallon with a sump and skimmer. The hexagon tank is still running for the time being though. haha, don't do saltwater in a hexagon tank with a canister. It sucks....
Purevil21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #256
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Started off when I was a teen. My brother and I started FW fish tanks together. Needless to say, I took more pride in mine and studied and studied the habits and behaviors of different fish. We ended up buying a piranha. Later that year we moved across town and gave our fish away. After years of going to our LFS for years and seeing their show tank I fell in love with SW. I bought my 55g and started my journey into SW. After about six months I had and ich outbreak which totaled my tank. I gave up on the hobby. 5 years later I started back up. My brother gave me a 30g and soon after I bought a 46g bowfront. Later this year I plan on buying 100+g after I move again.
Sergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #257
Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a 10 gallon freshwater tank when I was a kid (14-18 years old) and between me and my best friend we had about every kind of freshwater fish you can have during that time. We even eventually got into brackish water fish. But I never thought any of the freshwater fish were anywhere near as beautiful as the saltwater fish I would see at the fish stores. And I don't care how brightly colored your gravel is, it's nothing compared to the amazing colors of a nice coral reef tank with good lighting. There's also nothing like the personality of a bogy, or the relationship between a pair of clowns hosting an anemone or coral.
55 gallon reef tank. AquaticLife 4-bulb T5 HO with 4 LED moonlights. Reef Octopus BH-1000 HOB protein skimmer. TLF Phosban Reactor 150 running 400ml of NPX Bioplastics with a Maxi-Jet 1100 and a BRS Reactor running activated carbon with a Maxi-Jet 900. Vortech MP10w.
MBliss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #258
Aquarium Advice Addict
I've always seen the pictures of these beautiful tanks, and finally after research, I decided I could do it. So now I'm saving up for my first saltwater tank!
Fish are friends, not food!
Bettababe1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #259
Aquarium Advice Regular
Since I was a kid my father have a 33 gallons tank, then when I have the age to do it (like 9 years) I restarted that tank and I re-have the love for this hobby, ending with 3 tanks: 90 gallons saltwater, a 30 gallons and another 10 gallons (freshwater this last 2). I need to close those for my University (was very demanding).
Then I moved to Montreal Canada, and I just started a new 33 gallons SW.
Since now, I think that this is the best hobby that you can have, also it is a relaxing and enjoying experience!!!
Mario Landa
mlanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #260
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Took care of my preschool's turtle "Herman" and then my parents set up a guppy tank. I fell in love <3

Display tank - 24g nano w/ softies/montipora

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef aquarium, aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com