Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #301
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had fish since I was 7. When I was 23 I decided to do something different and do a saltwater fish only tank. I was guided by someone very knowledgeable and got started up right and easily. Almost 10 yrs later it's still going strong and pretty easily for me. I think I am ready to upgrade some more and have corals and anemones

Christine22780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #302
Aquarium Advice Freak
they are jus so peaceful to watch then you learn its a warground and it just become that much more interesting

Hocky puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #303
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via MSN to Justcindym
I was given a green spotted puffer in a 2 and a half gallon tank from a friend. I moved him to a 10 gallon tank imediately thinking this would be good right! wrong he was doing fine until he just got sick... couldnt figure it out thought he was dying I was desparate to save him. went to LFS and the salesman gave me good advise on turning him brackish... well if a little is good then full on salt would be great right! here I am 2 years later with a 30 gallon tank for my puffer and a silver tipped shark and a 75 tank that is 2 1/2 months new! This will be my reef tank im so excited cant stop watching the fish. Absolutely love my 2 clowns (latest addition)
Justcindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #304
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been living in a rented house with no lawns to speak of and would like something other than myself to be living here. I had dogs growing up and freshwater fish when I was a kid. I have always been fasinated with saltwater fish, living in a very land locked city I guess does that. So I decided to make the jump and will be creating a salt water set up in the next 6 months or so.
Nautilus_STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #305
Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone. I noticed the topic of this thread and would like to share with everyone a new blog site that is just starting up. Its called The Coral Reef Blog and it will have videos and how to's and more. Please check out this blog and let me know what you think. Please leave comments on the blog site. Thank you. The Coral Reef Talk
Clownfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #306
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to Seahorse Lover 20
Ive always wanted a salt tank! I love the ocean reefs and seahorses for along time. I just wanted a piece of the ocean for myself. I think almost everyone does. It is so entertaining and peaceful to watch. So colorful and awesome
Seahorse Lover 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #307
Aquarium Advice Freak

I got a reef aquarium... I wanted to do a reef because I did not have a huge tank in the which the big fish would have looked just as cool... If you know what I mean. I
~지혜 사랑해~♥I love you Ji Hye

넌 사랑~your love,
- 박수닝~Park Soo Ng
S3Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #308
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've always loved the ocean. Going to the beach, whale watching, going to the Baltimore National Aquarium, Discovery cove and sea world in Orlando, sitting in restaurants and seeing fish mounted on the walls, visiting a LPS that has marine fish. FINALLY, starting my first one in a few weeks. I will have a piece of the Ocean in my room.
Psychocircus91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #309
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion
50+ posts have been deleted from this thread. Please keep the thread on topic which is "What made you want a reef".

If you would like to ask questions about equipment/coral care/etc. please start a different thread.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #310
Aquarium Advice Regular
My bother's amazing gift for this great hobby

I was always more than amazed at my brother Brian's reef tanks years ago. He has an amazing gift for understanding the chemistry, biology, plumbing, mechanics, and especially the art of this great hobby. He can make a rectangular glass case of water, rock, and corals into a masterpiece! Better than any Rembrandt! He really has a gift from God. I wanted to get involved because of him. Too bad we live an hour's drive apart; otherwise, we could do this stuff together much more regularly.

Softie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

reef, reef aquarium, aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com