Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #381
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

some people say it's a hobby. But for me it's an addiction! I just love the way everything comes together and looks!

Old 02-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #382
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have always been fascinated with marine life but didn't think about aquarium until I snorkel a coral reef and seagrass beds. Then I just had to have one so I bought a books and stuff and now finally I have set up a 55 gallon

55 gallon fowlr

Old 03-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #383
Aquarium Advice Activist

I started at the age of five and got like a goldfish and then at eight I decided I would try a salt water it failed about a year later then I moved to a pirhana in a ten gal when I was 12 then I got a rcs tank then when I was 13 I got my first planted (the shrimp tank was planted of course and now I'm 13 and I am going to try a salt invertebrate tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 03-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #384
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

For me it's the challenge when you think you've got everything right another door opens😀

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 04-14-2015, 01:17 AM   #385
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My Job. I work at the shedd aquarium. I started with freshwater at 11. Got job at shedd aquarium at 24
Then i starter my first reef. It was 55 gal. Now my biggest is 550 gals and i am starting a 650gal. I take Care of the Sharks sometimes at the shedd. Not a reef tank but well over 10000gal
Now I have twelve reef tanks(I'm sort of addicted) 7marine non reef tanks, and 11 freshwater.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #386
Aquarium Advice Regular

POTM Champion

I'm 60 years old; always wished I had the skills to maintain a saltwater aquarium, believing it to be a major daily task.

After our third move in 18 months, our aquarium guy (he helped us move our tropical) told us that we would have no trouble maintaining a SW tank; after all, we'd been keeping a healthy tropical for about three years...

Took the plunge this past February 1 and we're already expanding!

We have a Nano Cube 29g still in its initial cycle; the bug has bitten me real hard now. I scored a deal on a 75g w/sump, stand, plumbing, pretty much everything to begin the cycle. This is gonna be a long-term project, but I'm looking forward to every moment!

Current plan is Caribbean...
Old 04-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #387
Aquarium Advice Addict

Always loved saltwater fish and just recently took the plunge. Figured I might as well go ahead and go full throttle with some easy corals. Setting up the tank soon!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 05-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #388
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Because the ocean is the most mysterious and intriguing place. And who wouldn't want a piece of that in their house? I have always been fascinated watching great barrier reef and ocean documentaries growing up and just all the undiscovered life out there that we couldn't even imagine would exist on this planet. To me it is one of the most fascinating hobbies and I enjoy everything about it.

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #389
Aquarium Advice Addict

The sheer beauty of the reef and all the animals around it is just so fascinating. And the calming affect that it has on you. When I sit in front of my tank a peacefulness just washes over me. All of the stresses of the day just wash away. And you can learn so much just by observing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-19-2015, 12:26 AM   #390
Aquarium Advice Addict

Watching BBC documentaries on Reefs since I was like 5... And my uncle who is building a big tank 200+ gallons into the wall of his new house

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
reef, reef aquarium, aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com