What makes it all worth it..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ya know.. All the trouble.

Keeping the tank clean (Filters, etc). Washing out the nasty smelling green gunk from the skimmer. Vigilant monitoring / adjusting of the water parameters..

Wrapping your tank in pocket heat pads during a long power outage and using your ups to keep pumps running... and the list goes on and on and on....

But when your green spotted puffer plays with you, or when you watch your snowflake moray swimming the full length of the tank in all his muscular glory...

You realize that it's completely worth it.

Was just sitting here across the room and noticed the puffer was looking at me, almost beckoning me to come over to the tank and play with him (which consists of moving my head up and down in front of the tank and him following). The eel is swimming around the tank, in and out of the 'caves' that the liverock and decorations provide... ;-)

Almost like kids sometimes, aren't they?

I think you hit it right on. I think it's a personal thing for each person. Like raising kids. The whole sense of accomplishment and pride. I love my tanks and all the work is worth it. :D

Thats it right on the money. Its so cool to see my Heni's get excited when I walk into the room. I know its because I feed them, but I'll take it. :)

I agree. Even though this hobby is more like an investement for people like me, it is all worth it when in the end. I take better care of my tank than I do myself. lol

Mike

Salttanker said:
I take better care of my tank than I do myself. lol

Mike

Same here. Don't know exactly why, but I make sure my guys have food stocked up enough for months and I don't have a thing in my frige for me!

Jim

Except its really not all that much work. I wipe down the glass every couple of weeks and feed daily. I wish my job was this easy.

I agree with indy in retrospect once the tank is established it is not really that much work (but getting it established another story). I put more effort into FW when I had them than I do now with my SW setup.

Every moment is worth it when I relax in my easy chair watching the tank.

We are having some remodeling done and the first thing I did was make sure the tank was carefully covered so no dust or debris would accidentally contaminate it. :)

Back
Top Bottom