Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I will never use bigalsonline.com again. Search this site for other people who feel the same.

On the other side, I love my live rock from www.liverocks.com

Also, just ordered two CF bulbs and a heater from www.coralreefsupply.com with no hassle. Confirmation sent with tracking number. Arrived in about 4 days including the Christmas delays.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree, Darin is the best!

"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems...And God saw that it was good" Gen1:21
bizzybeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:00 AM   #13

Every store has it's draw abcks. Sure the big stores are the cheapest but usually there customer service is pretty bad and they have all kinds of terms that apply to the order that make it hard on you to return or et your money back. The smaller retailer really cares more about his customers because he does not have the volume of the large store and wants to keep his base. Usually the smaller retailer really knows his products because he chhose them himself; they were not chosen by a marketing team based on sales data! The smaller retailer may be a littel higher in price but you have to decide what is more important a dollar or two or great customer service.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree with Darin especially when you order specialties such as RO units @ a 34% discount with free shipping.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have talked with both captivereefs and captiveraisedcorals they have both been great to deal with.

Just my 2 cents

Doan
Old 12-24-2003, 11:48 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishboy-from-NY
Hey Bigalsonline has techs available for advice and if I can get money off my next purchase for buying from them and get price match gauranteed plus 5% off the match price if its cheaper elsewere, I am buying from their over any where else.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:50 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
www.thatpetplace.com has marine bioligsts on staff and they also have a simular price match policy. They are also based in PA so for you and me on the east coast that means you get your product FAST.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #18

You are entitled to your opinion and i respect it. That is what the free market is all about. Every retailer has to compete for consumers one way or the other. Some do it through low prices and some do it through customer service and superior knowledge.I will say that the techs at big als have very poor reef experiance as compared to the sponsor's of this fine board.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:59 PM   #19
cj10488

I have been using Darin from Captivereefs since dealing with him for some test kits.. AWESOME service..

He comes Highly Recommended..

James
Old 12-24-2003, 03:11 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

I've looked at Captiveraisedcorals and Captivereefs. Both look excellent, but they don't have the things I need for 5.5 gallon betta tanks.

I'll have to wait until I start my saltwater tank!

Tags
line

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com