Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2003, 04:29 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack
Re: What on-line store do you use?

Quote:
Where do you guys shop online? I've heard that Liverocks.com is good for rock and sand but their shipping is just plain silly. $40 shipping on a $50 order is price gouging as far as I'm concerned.
It is really not if you add it all together, Shipping is about $55 on a 40lb box of liverock. That includes ALL the packing supplies we use. If you look at pics and what people say about our packing you will see theres a lot of good material. We ship overnight to your door as well, not 2-day as some other places do.
Just sharing some facts
Zack
www.liverocks.com

Old 12-26-2003, 11:11 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Re: What on-line store do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
Quote:
Where do you guys shop online? I've heard that Liverocks.com is good for rock and sand but their shipping is just plain silly. $40 shipping on a $50 order is price gouging as far as I'm concerned.
It is really not if you add it all together, Shipping is about $55 on a 40lb box of liverock. That includes ALL the packing supplies we use. If you look at pics and what people say about our packing you will see theres a lot of good material. We ship overnight to your door as well, not 2-day as some other places do.
Just sharing some facts
Zack
www.liverocks.com
Think about how much it costs to ship a 40lb box overnight, especially if you live the entire way across the country, plus all the packing material as Zack mentioned. Shipping prices are expensive because that's what shipping companies charge for overnight services on heavy packages, not because these places are trying to rip you off by making money on shipping as well.

Old 12-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yea, I didn't realize it was overnight delivery... that makes sense and the price sounds right. But the end result is it's cheaper for me to get it localy. And, while it's great to be loyal to sponsors and good stores, the sad fact is I'm poor... and a poor man doesn't have the luxury of brand loyalty. I'm stuck eating 'OldTime' Katsup and shopping at the LFS...
Old 12-26-2003, 07:03 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Devine
Yea, I didn't realize it was overnight delivery... that makes sense and the price sounds right. But the end result is it's cheaper for me to get it localy. And, while it's great to be loyal to sponsors and good stores, the sad fact is I'm poor... and a poor man doesn't have the luxury of brand loyalty. I'm stuck eating 'OldTime' Katsup and shopping at the LFS...
Cheaper does not always mean better, you're LFS may have nice rock for a cheap price but my LFS has it for $6 a pound with no coraline growth, just looks like base rock and no chance of hitchhikers. My other LFS has it for $4 a pound and is ok quality wise but when I order my 40lbs from liverocks it turned out to be around $4 a pound and was waaaay nicer.

I do agree though that the shipping does stink and if you can get quality rock at your LFS that's great, I wish my LFS has some good stuff for cheap because I'm a poor college student
Old 12-26-2003, 08:25 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

I hear you guys talk about hitchhikers like their great... but my tank's only 16 gallons. I'm only gonna be able to fit like 3 fish in there! If I got a hitchhiker, it'd be headed for the toilet prolly... lol
Old 12-26-2003, 09:06 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack
Pain Devine:

Wow a lfs with some really good rock is cool. I understand the whole poor thing to, may of us reefers do i bet. Hope your 16 gallon goes well, love to see pics of the tank set-up when you get it all ready.
Thanks
Zack

Tags
line

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com