What pump(s)for 180 dual overflow w/ 1'' bulk heads (budget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need to get a pump , but it doesn;t have to push the bulk heads to there max just do a good job and not cost me a kidney.Any suggestions

What exactly is your budget? For a 180 you should probably have two pumps. I gave you a few pump ideas in another thread. Where those pumps out of your budget?

Oh I dotn really have a budget I'd like to get somethign for around $100 or so.I was jut gonna plumb the 1 pump to both put going lines. I mght try to get a used one, but I need to know what I am lookiing for first

To get the circulation you really should have your not gonna get it for $100. One large pump will probably run you more than two smaller pumps. Plus with a two pump setup should one of the pumps go down for some reason you have the other to limp on until you can replace/repair.

I just set up my 180 this weekend. It has dual internal overflows with 1.5" overflows and 1" return lines. I used a mag 18 as the return pump and it seems to move a ton of water (real quiet too). I am using my old 55 as a sump and it has water flying through it.

Side note - my old mag 7 was MUCH louder than the mag 18. I picked up the Mag 18 for 97 dollars from Big Al.

Problem is I dont have any real Idea of how much it will take out on each bulkhead. I would think they wouldn't; do 1000+ on a 1"bulk head, but I am novice.I tried the calc on reef central but it is kinda wierd

You can go 1000+ on a 1" bulkhead.. You can check out the Iwaki 55 or 70(if you want to get nuts 1500 GPH) :D

I just started looking at the mag24 on that note.It does something like 2100gph w/ a 2' lift.So that would be close anway.I dont have to max them out just want a bang for buck

Back
Top Bottom