what size light/ led light an wattage must i need for saltwater reef tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandonredman reef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It is 4 1/2 ft long 1 ft deep 1 1/2 ft high. Help would be much apreiciated. Im new to this i have just made finished my stand with sump. I have done research but cannot find the exact answer. Thankyou everyone:)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130103_200311.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130103_200311.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20130103_200324.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130103_200324.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 119
Ohh yes sorry that is correct! Uhmm just sorta heaps of nice easy maintainable corals an fish like gobys clownfish just a nice colorful tank! an am i able to to get some crabs starfish an things? maybe u culd give me a good combination list of fish an corals etc i could put in their!:) thanks mate

Don't know the exact figure myself but I'm sure dome one will help you... My guess would be u need at least 70w :)

I would research corals. Go to a website like Live Aquaria or similar and decide what kinds of corals you want and then choose your lighting. If you can't decide, go with the strongest lighting you can get, so you aren't limited. it's impossible to say how many watts you will need, because no two fixtures are created equal. You could also look on this site and find someone with a similar tank that you like the look of, and see what lighting they are using.

Okay thankyou guys!. Also i have a weir in the corner with a drain on the bottom. I had someone drill the holes for me and do not want to tank it back for another hole. Is it necesary to have a second one for backup or the one should be fine and not block up?. It is 25 mm hole on bottom of weir with a drain over it and gointo have balls an things in weir. Um just worried i do not want it to overflow

Can you take a picture of what you are talking about? I see 2 holes in the bottom of the tank if I'm not mistaken. One at each end in the bottom pane.

Ahh. You should have made that compartment a little bigger. You are going to need a standpipe so that water doesn't make a lot of noise crashing down to the bottom. Also, can you fit your hand down there to tighten it or collect something that has fallen down there?
I currently have a 300 gallon display.

Yes i can fit my hand to take bulkhead out an i think im goin to put a grate at bottom and put some bioballs or something in theire so it quitens it down i think thatl work haha and yes i still can eadily screw a standpipe to it

I would not add bio balls. That would be just something to clean on a regular basis. I would add a standpipe instead and leave that compartment empty.

Back
Top Bottom