what suppluments do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

33w_fish_guy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if someone could recommend some supplements that I need to purchase to keep my hammer coral and a colony of polyps happy an thriving... what brand is the best?

I use Kent Marine's Phytoplankton and Coral Accel, but most will tell you the Coral Accel is not necessary. I also use Microplankton, but I have some very small filter feeders.

It's probably not the best, but I've had some luck with them.

I love DT's plankton. It is actual live plankton and great for filter feeders as well. For my corals...they ussually just get what they can at feeding time.

Get some 2 part calcium and alkalinity additive like ESV B-ionic and do regualr water changes and you will be fine. All the trace elements will be replaced through water changes. You can also try and directly feed a hammer coral with frozen fish food.

I believe it's a bad idea to dose anything you don't test for or you don't know if you need it.

In your case I believe regular water changes will keep your polyps and Hammer very happy and I'd suggest you not dose anything at all.

i wanted to thank all of you for the info. I got a Kent reef starter kit with liquid cal, Iodine and Strontium & Molybdium. I also got some of DTs inver food. What other things should should I get???

Back
Top Bottom