Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by pat8you View Post
I would look at pseudochromis/dottyback family. They stay relatively small around 3" and have some very cool colors. If you like the royal game this is a pseudo that looks just like the RG and is much more of a fighter. If your damsels end up being aggressive (not saying the will for sure) that family of fish will be much more likely to fight back and deal with the more aggressive environment. The are also reef safe and pretty hardy. We had one that we name "kung fu" just fu for short because he would dart out and pick fights and they fly back to his rocks before the other fish knew what hit them.
great advice thanks

120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Mystery Wrasse - Reef Safe Wrasses
I really like this guy 89.99 is kind of a risky adventure but very cool fish.

120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Live aquaria has a lot of cool wrasse but they are really pricy
pat8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have to second the royal gramma. Mine are fun and beautiful and I think they could hold there own. I would not get the blue green chromis. I have two and they are the fish with the least personality (if you do they should have two or more). I recently bough two yellow clown gobies. They stay tiny, 1 1/2 inches. They are cute but very peaceful. I love my pajama cardinals they are small and more personality. They chase the flashlight when I shine it in. They love to be in the spot light. Mine are not nocturnal. I also wish I would not have gotten a sand shifting goby. He makes a mess and covers everything low in the tank with a layer of silt. Just my opinion. Happy fish shopping!
72 gallon bow front, koralia 1 powerhead, approx 30 gallon sump and separate 20 gallon display refugium, Aqua C protein skimmer, Live rubble filteration, 80 # of LR, and a 4 inch sand bed.
land locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
i cant believe someone found a mystery wrasse for that cheap where i am at the go for 130 to 160
60 ga. SPS tank w/ 2 - 175w 20k halides, korallin 1502 calcium reactor w/ph contorler
24ga. SW nano w/150 HQI
180ga. FW aggresive fish
125ga. FW w/60ga. sump. VERY aggresive fish
tamra&steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Just wanted to add another word for cardinalfish. Very cool fish IMO. I have 2 PJ's (used to have 3, one went into the skimmer pump!) and though they are not as active as some other fish, they are interesting to watch and the move funny. The PJ cardinals have some cool coloring on them and a school of 3 or 4 would be pretty cool in your tank in my opinion.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by fijiwigi View Post
I do have an orange spotted goby I guess I should have mentioned that with a pistol shrimp and I did just buy a Cleaner shrimp I guess I was just thinking fish. Sixline wrasse and dartfish are worth considering I will take a look.
I picked up a sixline wrasse a couple of months ago. Pretty active fish and great colors. Hardy fella's too.
If you can't run with the big dogs - stay on the porch! ***Adopt a retired greyhound ***
MsBeanCtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Sorry if someone mentioned it before...

Neon goby (very small). Clown goby.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com