What tang would you rather have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What one would you rather have

• Powder Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Achilles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather have the Achilles, but unfortunately they have poor survival rates in captivity and require very large tanks. If all things were equal and they were both hardy, I think the Achilles is the cooler looking fish out of the two.

The Powder Blue is more hardy (although not THAT hardy) and adaptable to aquarium life, but it is tricky as well.

tripper

Neither. Your tank will barely fit the MINIMUM requirements of either. Achilles are known to do better in large tanks but also get easily stressed and are ich magnets. Powder Blue tangs are also ich magnets but are also very agressive. I would suggest a regal, yellow, or convict.

Brenden...That was not the question I have had success with a pbt so my tank is big enough for a pbt or an achilles. Please stick to the question and dont police. Thank you!

Achilles: Tangs are so cool looking but I here can get injured so easy.
I would say my favorite. :D

Powder Blue: Tangs are pretty but to aggressive :twisted: I think. Ick magnets too.

How can you say policing just because it`s not what you want to hear. What Brian told you was the truth wheather you wanted to hear it or not. You might want to call it policing But for you we will call it editing. Editing out what you dont want to hear. THANK YOU

I don't want to get in the middle of an argument, but I think we are missing the point here. If this is just a fun poll asking "which would you rather have," it should be answered as such. I think these reactions would be more warranted if sango said "which one of these should I get." It's a different question. Some polls are set up just for fun to see what people like. That's why I answered the way I did. I'm not saying that was sango's intention, I'm just pointing out the other side.

Just want to make sure everyone enjoys the site too!!!

tripper

I agree but dont use words as policing if its just a fun question. Respect others opinions weather you like it or not. And you have to assume when someone asks the question that it is for some sort of reason. I`m just pointing out the other side. Besides I hate the eagles. Go Cowboys :D

If the question was asked then there was a reason for it. I was not policing but was giving good information. If I had to pick one it would be the achilles but I decided not to get one due to their captivity record. PS. I hate the Eagles and the Cowboys belong in jail. :lol:

Naso.

But if I had the space, I like the Achilles over the PB, but not by much.

Oh and the Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins all suck...

i would love to get a naso or powder blue but my tank size doesnt permit :(

The question was not...Could I put a powder blue or a achilles in my tank. The question is What would you rather have. So yes it is policing. Besides if your worried about putting a fish in a small tank then I would suggest leaving all the fish in the ocean because NO tank is the right size for any fish the come from the ocean.
Lets go PITT. Anyway this is jmo

Well since you made me put my uniform on......Since you already have a powder blue, achilles, lieutenant tang, and a majestic angel crammed in your tank (per your earlier thread) it obviously was not a question. By the way together are too large for a 90 gallon tank. Technically all fish are to large for a tank and should be in the ocean, but when you are completely irresponsible as you are when it comes to fish it gives the hobby as a whole a bad name. My police work is done here. :nono:

Brenden,
You need to move on. You've taken this thread where it needed not go. It was a poll, not a debate. I suggest it be left go from here on out and keep the post on topic.

Do me a favor. Get your facts straigt. I no longer have a pbt in my tank. There are many of people here who does have a pbt in a 75 gal that has had great success with these fish. My lt tang that I do have is still very small and has plenty of room. He WILL NOT out grow this tank for at least 2 years. And if my tank was over stocked my water would be out of wack.

Also, the only police we need have advisor under their name and if someone has an issue with another member, it needs to be brought to the attention of the advisors. Not here fouling up the boards.

I have had a PBT in an 80 gal tank for goin on 4 years with no health problems. If indeed all you have in the 90 is what you have listed in your sig then I have to say I would be sceptable at adding a PBT. First the bioload is going to be fairly high an dwhile the fish may survive while the pumps are running should a power outage occur many can likly sufficate in very short order.

All I wanted to see is which tang people liked. Thats it! This is too bad that something like this happened.

I will not be adding a pbt to my tank and I should not have to defend myself if I was. Like I said I did have a pbt and kept him with great success untill I put in a smaller fish. Thats when I saw how mean they can get with newcomers.

Anyway thanks for all the input. Maybe we all should leave all fish in the sea.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom