What Tank Should I Make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tank Should I Make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm having a hard decision and can't decide what kind of tank to make out of my 55 Gallon.

At the moment it is just a community tank, but i'm kind of bored of it. I prob. won't be able to do the build till the summer but I might as well get an idea now.

So I have two choices to make.

My first choice is a predator tank. I've been wanting one of these lately and I think it would be a cool thing to get. It needs to be with a fish that can stay in there aswell, I don't have the choice of a bigger tank. One thing I don't want is pirahanas though, I want a cool predator fish.

My Secound choice would be a planted brackish tank. Not much to say about this one really, I just want some cool different fish, which would be brackish. I wanted to plant it aswell and I know of many plants that can survive in brackish waters.

You guys can vote up top, when you vote, please give me a reason of your choice with a relpy please.

Have fun, hope to find some good ideas.

Back in the late 80's, I had FW 55 gallon tanks...of course none of the high-tec stuff you guys use now and the saying "Predator" wasn't used. I had one tank I called my "gentle" fish, and the other my "mean" fish...in the "mean" fish, I had Clown Knives and an Arrowana (msp).. The Clown Knives were beautiful and intelligent fish...however, they did get very large...the LFS failed to tell me that either species got so large...but they were neat to have...

Curly (Linda)

I voted planted brackish because IMO a 55 gal isn't large enough for a really good predatory tank. 125 gals now that could be a predatory tank. Besides it isn't often we get to see good brackish planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom