What to add? (125 reef)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey Aquarium Advice, long time no see :)
The last fish we got was added before Christmas and my mom is starting to flip out wanting a new fish haha. We've got room for probably 1-2 medium sized fish and maybe a tang or two, but I'd like to get some general ideas on stocking.

So yeah, any input you guys have would be appreciated :>

Current stock:
- Maroon Clownfish
- Coral Beauty Angelfish
- Foxface Rabbitfish
- Blue Jaw Triggerfish (male)
- Six-Line Wrasse

IMO the 125 (6ft tank) is the perfect size for tangs. You could probably get away with two of them but I would make sure they are very hardy. Good luck with the tank.

+1... Make sure they don't look the same either, can get aggressive. Any ideas of which you want?

Thanks for bringing that upKio707. I forgot about that. Make sure they are different body shapes and different colors.

Two tangs is the plan, we just have a lot of options so it's hard to decide! haha
I really like the chocolate/mimic tang myself. My mom wants a blue hippo but I'm not too crazy about them and their reputation for being less than stellar health-wise..
Anyone have any experience with Zebrasomas? I know a lot of people keep sailfin tangs in smaller tanks than mine, but the "minimum tank requirements" are crazy scattered on the sites I generally research on so...

I have a sailfin and yellow mimic tang in my 180 . They are great fish and get along great. They are a good choice for sure .

I agree with the sailfin also, really nice fish and pretty hardy. Not so prone to ick. Lol thats coming from the guy who had it in the 12g nano. You might consider 3 instead of 2, so they do not focus on one another. Also Indo yellow tangs me likey.

Sailfin tangs are my favorite fish to watch them glide though the water collum is a sight to see. Gorgeous fish.

Back
Top Bottom