What to clean acrylic aquarium with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My acrylic is 1". It is going to take a massive magnet to create enough pressure to do any good. They list one for up to 1" for $170....ouch!

With a tank that size you'll need to seek other means of cleaning the face of your tank.

Holy jesus.. 525g..... we have enough fun cleaning a 220!

Ya my 125gal is fun enough i could only imagine cleaning that large of a tank, Is this your first SW tank Brenden?

Yes it is my first. If I do not have any major difficulties, I have some ideas for a larger one when we add on to the house in about 1 1/2 to 2 years. hopefully around 2-3000 gal but thats a long way off so it may never happen but I did achieve the biggest challenge for a tank that large "My wife gave me permission"

Hahahaha!!! My mom told my stepfather, "You can have the 700g tank when I get 3k ring."

Guess what ring she's wearing now? A single stone, 3k ring. 8O

Tho the 700g was sold already... but now that she has it, she can't say anything when he does bring one home. :mrgreen:

Thats definitly a big tank to start with especially for your first. Make sure you get a good clean-up crew and alot of water flow. Are you going to be doing a closed loop? A 3000gal tank....WOW you must have a good pocketbook... 8O Im jelous thats for sure.
Tho the 700g was sold already... but now that she has it, she can't say anything when he does bring one home.
Well true but they always have something to say... :lol:

Yes I am doing a closed loop. I have a custom made wet/dry by the aquarium manufacturer, AquaC EV1000 skimmer, turbo twist 36W UV. Iwaki MD70RTL pumps on the skimmer and sump, mag 5 for the UV.and the closed loop is a mag36. Any suggestions?

Just remember to disperse the current throughout the tank....Make sure to post some pics! :D Cant wait to see it all setup. Are you going to make it a reef or FOWLR? What kind of lights you going to have?

Back
Top Bottom