what to do....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foofoo1237

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so i want to start a reef tank but a nano. i read its much harder to care for but all i want is a 1-3 gallon tank with just a sea anemone and tiny coral or other. what tank should i get? what anemone should i get along with coral? and any other essentials. sorry for the noobie questions.

A nano tank that small is not going to be big enough for an anemone. You may be able to get by with some softies in a tank that small.

A nano tank that small is not going to be big enough for an anemone. You may be able to get by with some softies in a tank that small.

I agree no way could you fit an anemone in their it would get too big. You could put some zoas, xenia, or mushrooms.

I don't think anemone size is the real issue here. In a tank that small, water parameters will fluctuate too rapidly for an anemone. very delicate animals. For a tank that small, I'd stick with super hardy soft corals like mushrooms, zoas, kenya tree, maybe leather. You'll need to frag often.

Back
Top Bottom