What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am in Berkeley right now, I have a delima. There is a store in SF that is having their weekly, wholesale sale. They have all of these Fish farms come in, and bring 200-500 bags of fish and inverts. They are laid out and people come and grab any bags they want. They say it is usually about 50% savings, so I want to get some stuf. However, I am not sure what to get! THey do not know what they will get, but I will be a wide range. HTis will fill my 6 gallon, 35 gallon hexagon, and posibly an extra 20 gallon I have. What do you guys think I should get? I saw at the store glass shrimp for 9.99, these shrimp pair with watchman gobies. Should I get one for my yellow watchman if they are brought in. Other things they could have would be nudibrachs, diff shrimp, crabs, percula ($3), damsel ($1), and tons of other fish. Post any suggestions before tomorrow morning. On a freshwater note, they have baby white clouds 100 for $5 and neons 20 for $5 I am also thinking of geting more clown loaches 4-$10. Please post soon! TIA!

Make a list of what you are interested in before you go and only buy items from that list so you don't come home with any spontanious buys that you might regret later. :wink:

Im counting down, only 1.5 more hours till i get the stuff! BTW, www.6thavenueaquarium.com . Look at the endless lists of fish they have. Oh, and i have a abouta hour and half tops car ride home. I was thinking of opening the bags on the ride and letting the car shake oxgen into the water. They have probably already been in the bag for a while, because they came into the store this moring, sraight from the fish farm, and I doubt they ever opened the bags, meaning ther shouldnt be too much O2 In the bags still.Trying to not get any impulse fish, but there all going to be just siiting there, prepackaged. :wink:

fishstixs05 said:
Im counting down, only 1.5 more hours till i get the stuff! BTW, www.6thavenueaquarium.com . Look at the endless lists of fish they have. Oh, and i have a abouta hour and half tops car ride home. I was thinking of opening the bags on the ride and letting the car shake oxgen into the water. They have probably already been in the bag for a while, because they came into the store this moring, sraight from the fish farm, and I doubt they ever opened the bags, meaning ther shouldnt be too much O2 In the bags still.Trying to not get any impulse fish, but there all going to be just siiting there, prepackaged. :wink:

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I would just tell the store owner that you have a long drive and ask them to put some O2 in the bag. If they are not willing to do that for the health of the fish, then I would take my business elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom