What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I have an empty 12 gallon nano cube, a half open 25 lb. # bag of sand, 15 pounds of rock that has been dry for at least two weeks, and 10 gallons of dirty water from my main tank (that was taken out during a water change). Is their any way that I can use all of these elements to get the nano cube up and running again. Should the dried up sand, dirty water, and dead rock be enough for a cycle to occur? I want to start another nano tank so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. TIA........

I wouldnt use the water and im pretty sure almost all if not all bacteria has since died off so you will need something to start the cycle like a shrimp.

Ok, but without the water, I still can use the sand and rock but with new water. I can just add a raw piece of shrimp afterwards to get things started?

Yep, once they get established again. It will come back with time.

Squado said:
Ok, but without the water, I still can use the sand and rock but with new water. I can just add a raw piece of shrimp afterwards to get things started?

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Back
Top Bottom