What to do, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new hexagon tank that is between 20 and 30 gallons ( saltwater ). It is now almost completely cycled. What fish should I do in this tank? I already have an awesome reef tank, so I was thinking about a FOWLR tank. Can NOT decide what to do!

I have thought about a dwarf lion, but are they that fascinating to watch? And could I put a tiny snowflake eel in with it?

No to snowflake, and i wouldnt do a dwarf lion either. I would do a wartskin angler. It should do well in the tank

U could do a very small snowflake for a short duration year tops I had a juvenile in my 24 aquapod while I built my 55 but soon as my 55 was mature he went in there he was in my 24 for 6 months no proublems but they grow farely quick so if u ain't upgrading soon don't get one if u are get a juvenile 6-8 inches

Gboy66 said:
No to snowflake, and i wouldnt do a dwarf lion either. I would do a wartskin angler. It should do well in the tank

Aww common Gboy, I think a dwarf lion would be more fascinating to watch than an angler. Although I do agree an angler is one of the coolest fish an aquarist could own.

So if I had to choose one... angler or lionfish? Or maybe a dwarf puffer? Which one would people gawk at more when they came over? Lol

Easton33 said:
So if I had to choose one... angler or lionfish? Or maybe a dwarf puffer? Which one would people gawk at more when they came over? Lol

Dwarf puffers are fully freshwater

I think he's talking about Toby and Valentini puffers. I would go with the angler. A 30 would work for a fu Manchu lion. That's about it for lionfish. They're pretty beast too. Do what you want, just remember you can't keep anything that can fit in their mouth because it will end up there.

Yes, thanks for the puffer clarification! I was thinking more toby puffer over valentini. How large are the anglers?

Your tank has a very small footprint. I suggest keeping the angler over the puffer because the hex's footprint is limited and puffers like a bigger footprint.

Readingexcalibur said:
Aww common Gboy, I think a dwarf lion would be more fascinating to watch than an angler. Although I do agree an angler is one of the coolest fish an aquarist could own.

Lol..no begging ex!! Haha

Trust me..the anglers are sweet..talk to a couple members here about them.

Back
Top Bottom